Southern California Supplemental Security Income Lawyer
If you have become disabled, but do not qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, you may be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments from the Social Security Administration.
For a free consultation and case evaluation, please contact an attorney at Caronna, Johnson & Zamora, LLP. From our offices in the Palm Springs area, we represent SSI clients throughout the nation. We represent SSI clients on a contingency basis. You pay us nothing unless we win benefits for you. Attorneys’ fees, which are capped and must be approved by the Social Security Administration, come from the back benefits due to you. They will not reduce the monthly payments you will begin receiving when we win your case.
The SSI program provides a cash benefit to poor persons who are disabled, elderly, or blind if their work histories are inadequate to qualify for Social Security Disability. SSI also provides benefits for disabled children in some circumstances.
The SSI program uses the same five-step process as SSDI to decide if you are disabled:
- Are you working? If you are earning over a certain level of wages, you are not disabled. If you are not earning anything or not earning at the prescribed level, go to step two.
- Is your condition severe? If it’s not severe, you are not disabled. If your medical condition will limit you in basic work activities for up to one year, your condition is severe. Go to step three.
- Does your impairment or combination of impairments meet or equal a condition on the prescribed listing of impairments? If yes, you are disabled. If not, go to step four.
- Can you return to previous work? If so, you are not disabled. If not, go to step five.
- Can you do other work? SSA considers your impairment and resulting limitations, education and literacy, age, and vocational skills. If you can do other work, you are not disabled. If you cannot, you are disabled.
Laws and rules governing the SSI system are complex and confusing for most people, but we deal with them every day. For effective representation at all levels of SSI application and appeals, you can rely on the SSI attorneys of Caronna, Johnson & Zamora, LLP. To discuss the specifics of your situation, please contact us today for a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
To learn more about how we can assist you, please contact a personal injury attorney at Caronna, Johnson & Zamora, LLP today. From our offices in Rancho Mirage, we represent clients in the Palm Springs area and throughout Southern California.